Day 4: 2018/04/29
Today’s Topic: Python: A byte of python
Today’s Progress: Today I started from version 3 of the “backup files” (page 95), with some practice (to version 5) and starts OOP. Ends before “Class and Object Variables” (page 104)
I also spent some time configure my VS Code on my laptop.
Thoughts: The tutorial would like us to use “zipfile” (or tarfile) instead of the “os.system()” (or in my case, subprocess.call()). This is an interesting thing to do.
I didn’t go too far (I didn’t do the recursively zip/traverse).
- Keep on enhancement the code (enhancement, or change spec, or improve perf)
- full process: what (analysis) → how (design) → do (implementation) → test (debug) → use (operation and deployment) → maintenance (refinement)
- Need to double check how to “recursively” do zip with zipfile.ZipFile(…)
- Need to double check how to add “zip method” (like bzip2)
- Everything is an object.
- variable in an object = field
- functions in an object = method
- self = this (in java or C++)
Link to work: Link to my own Google drive to show my progress here.