Round 2, Day 5: 2018/07/01
Today’s Topic: SuperLearner
Today’s Progress: finished all the supplemental material for section 1 and 2 (except for chunking worksheet). For the videos, I finished session 2 with quiz 2.
Need to finish the chunking worksheet tomorrow.
I am doing this for the sake of not forgetting and not “not learning” for the weekends
Maybe I should do a regular gaming session on weekends as well?
- Dual coding cookbook
- During prereading (previewing the text) notice rare words, names, numbers.
- For each unique object, try to visualize it and also to imagine its sound. To add sound to numbers use mnemonic devices like pegs/PAO/major system.
- When reading, do not just visualize the meaning of the text, but also feel the rhythm of the text: the length of sentences, the structure of the paragraphs, the music of the words.
- After reading think about what you just read. Maybe you will want to write or draw something. Maybe you will experience a moment of discovery and will want to remember the physical context of it: your body, the room where you sit, the time of the day.
- Try to recall what you just read using various senses: recall from the visualization, recall from the audio perception, from the physical context.
- If you have time and persistence, try synaesthesia, breathing or dexterity exercises you can find on this blog. If you need further ideas, contact me firstname.lastname@example.org with specific requests.
Link to work: N/A